It was a real eye-opener speaking to ITU Long Distance World Champion Helle Frederiksen for this week's show. Helle got in touch with me after listening to the Healthy Body series, so we continued the conversation about training, fuelling and nutrition.
Helle has a an M.Sc in Human Nutrition and since retiring in 2019, Helle has expanded her coaching business. So it's brilliant to hear her thoughts and experiences, from her educational background, as well as from a coach and athlete perspective.
- Why fasted workouts and females don't go together
- Why you should act fast if you're not having your period
- Her thoughts on periods, racing and training
- Why she used to panic about an empty fridge
- Why she'd cringe when she saw some triathletes eating salads after a race
- Why athletes need to pay as much attention to their nutrition, as they do to all of their toys and gadgets
Find out more about our guest
Helle Frederiksen on Instagram
Helle's 'You Vs 2020' 10 week Triathlon Bootcamp
Like what you heard?
Let me know! Connect with Inside Tri Show across Social Media, just search Inside Tri Show or click on the icons below
Thanks to all of the wonderful people who support the show, so I can continue to bring you the best interviews in triathlon every week.
It means a lot to me, especially at the moment.
POWERED BY 33 FUEL
This week's show is powered by 33 Fuel – natural and very yummy sports nutrition. They are shipping as usual, so grab some of their daily Greens, fill your boots with delicious natural, nutty Italian style energy bars and Use the code INSIDETRI33 for a discount at checkout at www.33fuel.com.
Like a pic' n mix of sports nutrition through your letterbox! Listeners can get 20% off all orders or advance sweat tests using the code: INSIDETRI at www.komfuel.co.uk
Find out more about Helen
Head over to Helen's website to find out more about her.